Friday, March 6, 2009

My Story: FaceBook

Facebook Pictures, Images and Photos

FaceBook -- a haven for social connoisseurs to vent their meaningless lives on a daily basis. For some, FaceBook is his or her sole contribution to the internet. For me, it is not. So never visiting FaceBook.com was a relatively easy endeavor.

After being barraged daily by teen angst and senseless grieving from my "friends'" status updates, FaceBook is a place I spent my time largely as a disinterested, fatigued spectator, nearly timid to contribute. By this account, FaceBook is an inconsequential waste of time as well as a sanctuary for highly unintelligent conversation and commentary. And to FaceBook's credit, I suppose the website was never intended to be a place for intelligent conversation. Although not a thing I have posted or submitted to FaceBook ever seemed to hold any meaning or care. For all intents and purposes, I could have never made a FaceBook profile, and everything would be the same as it is now. Possibly, this is rather an issue of me being boring, and being assumed to be "nerdy", or otherwise an "outsider" within the realm of school. Yet, anyone who has gotten to know me, or anyone I have gotten to know thinks I'm a rather interesting person; the problem simply is that I never try to be a particularly outgoing person. I've grown up with the ambition to be as organic, as blatantly honest, and as admittedly flawed as possible; had I not, I may as well be a recipe for disaster.

All in all, I have a heartfelt sentiment that FaceBook, for however inconsequential and meaningless it is, should be avoided at all costs, as I may as well never visit that time-wasting website again.

No comments: